Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shooting a black powder weapon

This is my first time shooting, and my first time firing a black powder weapon.



We made our own cartridges with rolled up paper, and then tore it all piratey-like with our teeth...
Sans gave us a good lesson in what even blanks can do, by putting her weapon up to an empty soda can and blowing it away with just the force of the discharge. She showed us how to load the barrel with the powder and paper with the ramrod, and then use a powder horn to fill the flashpan. (In this video you will see me struggling with the powder horn, as I'm trying to get the powder to release without pressing down on the button.) Once I got it loaded and primed, then I put it in full-cock, and after a few misfires, then it was BANG! What a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment